In order to maintain clear business relationships, here are a few things to know about my private practice policies:
- I have a private confidential voice mail system so please feel free to leave a detailed message when calling. Please note that cell phone messages can be unclear.
- All phone calls will be returned within 24-48 hours.
- All phone conversations and all sessions are completely confidential.
- Scheduling of all appointments is best done at the beginning or end of the session.
- For new clients, I reserve extra time for initial phone contact, so please be patient, as I will return your call in a timely fashion.
- I am required by law, as a mandated reporter by the State of New York, to report any cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- For couple sessions, I require a 48-hour cancellation notice, due to the length of the sessions and to avoid being charged for the session. If you need to cancel your appointment, you can do so by calling my office.
- I have a 24-hour cancellation policy for individual sessions otherwise you will be charged for the missed appointment. Exceptions to this are handled case by case and particularly if there is an emergency or sudden illness.
- All individuals are required to sign a consent form if and when we discuss the benefit of consulting with teachers, psychiatrists, or other individuals working with my patients.
- Please download and carefully read the Notice Of Privacy Practices (HIPPA) form.